The Great Forest Park Balloon Race presented by PNC Bank is a free event and free street and public lot parking is available throughout Forest Park.
Pease keep in mind spots are limited so we suggest you plan ahead and arrive as early as you can. All of the notes and restrictions/closures listed below will be in effect to help with safety, traffic flow and ease of access to Forest Park. Food trucks, concession and beverages will all be available beginning as early as 5 p.m. on Friday evening and Noon on Saturday. Attendees are also welcome to bring a picnic – soft-sided coolers and cans only, please, and no grills or open flames.
Recommended entrances to Forest Park include:
- Grand or Union from Forest Park Parkway/ Lindell
- DeBaliviere Ave.
- Kingshighway Blvd.
- Skinker/ Forsyth
- Hampton Ave.**
Important Notes About Entry
- ** East and West-bound Exit Ramps at I-64 and Hampton Ave. will be CLOSED – 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20. Hospital Drive at Kingshighway Blvd. will be monitored; MAY BE CLOSED at various times during events.
- NO LEFT turns onto Kingshighway (going northbound) from Hospital Drive stop light. Clayton Avenue underpass at Kingshighway will be open to pedestrians, cyclists and vehicle traffic. IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE UPPER MUNY PARKING LOT: To assist with traffic flow within Forest Park, the Upper Muny Lot will be a ONE WAY Entry and ONE WAY Exit on September 20 and 21, 2019. THE ONLY ENTRY POINT WILL BE FROM THE NORTH SIDE OF THE LOT ON UNION DRIVE. SUMMIT DRIVE WILL BE EXIT ONLY.
- MetroLink is a great option for easy access to The Great Forest Park Balloon Race presented by PNC Bank and Balloon Glow. How to Take Transit to the Forest Park Balloon Glow, Balloon Race >
- Ride Share and Taxi Pickup/ Drop offs will be located on the North Side of Lindell Blvd. at DeBaliviere near the Missouri History Museum. An additional recommended drop off point is the intersection of Union and Grand Ave. in Forest Park.
- Accessible Parking (limited availability) will be available with a gate at Union and Faulker (see Forest Park Map – jump link to map). YOU MUST HAVE A STATE ISSUED ADA ACCESSIBLE PARKING TAG OR PLATES to access this parking area.
- A drop off point will be located at Wells and Faulkner – just a short distance (via walkways) from the 2019 Ascension Accessibility Viewing Area. (Event Map Ascension Highlight// 2019 ADA Accessible Parking map coming soon!) NOTE: on some maps you may see FAULKNER DRIVE called Jefferson.
- Please note the current street name within Forest Park is Faulkner all the way from Clayton Drive to Union. AKA: Jefferson and Faulkner are the same street. Please be mindful that The Great Forest Park Balloon Race presented by PNC Bank is an outdoor event and the natural terrain may at times be difficult to traverse.