Directions, Parking & Event Maps
The Great Forest Park Balloon Race presented by PNC Bank is a free event and free street and public lot parking is available throughout Forest Park all weekend. Pease keep in mind spots are limited so we suggest you plan ahead and arrive as early as you can. All of the notes and restrictions/closures listed below will be in effect to help with safety, traffic flow and ease of access to Forest Park.
Visit our FAQs page for additional info about activities, bring your own picnic/cooler, pets & more!
ENTRY INTO FOREST PARK
Recommended entrances to Forest Park include:
- Grand or Union from Forest Park Parkway/ Lindell
- DeBaliviere Ave.
- Skinker/ Forsyth
- Hampton Ave.**see notes below about closure timing on Friday***
Important Notes About Entry
- ** East and West-bound Exit Ramps at I-64 and Hampton Ave. will be CLOSED – 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 15 to help prevent congestion issues in Forest Park.
- Hospital Drive at Kingshighway will be closed to help prevent congestion issues in the park and on Kingshighway.
- NO LEFT turns onto Kingshighway (going northbound) from Hospital Drive stop light.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE UPPER MUNY PARKING LOT: To assist with traffic flow within Forest Park, the Upper Muny Lot will be a ONE WAY Entry and ONE WAY Exit on September 15 and 16, 2023. THE NORTH SIDE OF THE LOT AT UNION DRIVE WILL BE EXIT ONLY.
- Central Fields is located just under a mile from two MetroLink stations. Eastbound passengers should exit at Forest Park-Debaliviere, walk south into the park and then east on Grand Drive. Westbound passengers should exit at Central West End, walk west on Children’s Place, cross into the park and follow westbound walking paths to Faulkner Drive.
- Be sure to download Transit, the official app of Metro Transit. Purchase your Metro passes ahead of time on the Transit app, which also provides route maps, next departure times and trip planning, including a trip that combines Metro Transit with ride-sharing.
- Learn more here: https://www.metrostlouis.org/transit-toolbox/
RIDE SHARE AND TAXI PICK UP/ DROP OFF
- Ride Share and Taxi Pickup/ Drop offs will be located on the North Side of Lindell Blvd. at DeBaliviere near the Missouri History Museum. An additional recommended drop off point is the intersection of Union and Grand Ave. in Forest Park.
- Accessible Parking (limited availability) will be available with a gate at UPDATES COMING SUMMER 2023 (see Map Above). YOU MUST HAVE A STATE ISSUED ADA ACCESSIBLE PARKING TAG OR PLATES to access this parking area.
- A drop off point will be located at UPDATES COMING SUMMER 2023 – just a short distance from the Accessibility Viewing Area.
- Please be mindful that The Great Forest Park Balloon Race presented by PNC Bank is an outdoor event and the natural terrain may at times be difficult to traverse.