UPDATE: March 14, 2021The Great Forest Park Balloon Race planning team is working diligently with city and park officials on returning to Forest Park for its 49th annual event on Friday, September 17th (The Glow) and Saturday, September 18th (The Race). Covid-19 and safety plans will be in place, as needed. We are in close touch with city officials to discuss plans for the event, we will adapt our plans for health safety.
Updates and announcements will continue to be posted to The Great Forest Park Balloon Race’s social channels and the event website, www.greatforestparkballoonrace.com.
- Instagram @greatforestparkballoonrace
- Facebook facebook.com/greatforestparkballoonrace
- Twitter @gfpballoonrace
- Will the Great Forest Park Balloon Race take place in 2021? We are planning on it and hope you will too! The Great Forest Park Balloon Race and nearly 65 of our nation’s best hot air balloon pilots will return to Forest Park for its 49th annual event on Friday, September 17th (The Glow) and Saturday, September 18th (The Race). Covid-19 and safety plans will be in place, as needed
- What is the GFPBR doing to make it safe? In short, everything we can. We will follow the lead of our city and state officials, as well as the sanitization guidelines and protocols set forth by the CDC and local agencies. You can expect to see lots more hand sanitizer stations. We’re working on cashless/touchless payment systems – and whatever else will be required at that time so we can assure the safest, healthiest and most patron-friendly event possible.
- Will masks be required? What about social distancing? We will require patrons to adhere to whatever requirements are in place for the City of St. Louis at the time of the event. As for an “official” list of Do’s and Don’ts, attendee policies, etc. – our planning team is working on that with city and park officials – and we will keep you posted!
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
About The Great Forest Park Balloon Race
The Great Forest Park Balloon Race is a two-day event held in St. Louis, Missouri – annually celebrating soft landings and family traditions since 1973. It is the second oldest balloon race in the United States and remains a free event for everyone to enjoy. The Great Forest Park Balloon Race was inducted into the permanent collection of the Library of Congress on May 23, 2000. The induction honors the race as a Local Legacy and documents the race as a “meaningful and significant American community tradition.”